Friday, May 9, 2008

Batman: luggage carrier


Name of model:
Luggage Carrier
Time frame of construction:
Five-six weeks

Team involved:
Danan and I

Contributors:
Red Baron, Shorty and Ranaldo

Initial Idea:
At the start I was building a tractor until Ms. O’Connell told us we were doing a plane project, so I changed it to a luggage carrier. I learned about carriers and they transport luggage to the plane. For safety people must their names and addresses on them. I built one trailer on it and it runs by one motor.

Adaptations:
The adaptations will be to maybe add more to it. We are adding a touch sensor. This works by putting your model in front of a wall or book and when the model hits it the sensor tells the car to go back or forward. Sarah and I might add some lights to it as well.

Changes in the future:
Danan and I are thinking of adding a second trailer. I will put some coloured bricks in the second trailer to make it look like luggage. I was thinking of having a mini number plate on the front.

Programming:
Danan and I will make our carrier go forward for three seconds. Then use the touch sensor to make it go back for three seconds, and then it will stop and beep twice.

No comments: